Clues that your child may be abusing prescription drugs to get high:
- Visits to pro-drug internet sites devoted to “how to” get and abuse prescription drugs. Some sites to be aware of are:
- Cough or cold, prescription or unidentifiable medications among personal effects with no evidence of illness.
- For a visual listing of Abused Pharmaceutical Substances, click here.
- Unexplained disappearance of medicines from medicine cabinet.
- Declining grades, loss of interest in hobbies and usual activities.
- Changes in friends, physical appearance, hygiene and general behavior.
- Disrupted eating or sleeping patterns.